Jammin’ Jerk Burger
Created By: Pitmaster Ernest Servantes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 6 burgers
- 2 lbs. Smithfield® Signature Ground Pork
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 6 sweet burger rolls or other burger buns
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices Havarti dill cheese
- Cabbage Slaw
- ¼ head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ head green cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ carrot, grated
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Mango Salsa
- 1 ½ cups diced mangos
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Jerk BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- In a large bowl, gently combine ground pork, 3 tablespoons jerk rub and 1/4 cup pineapple juice. Shape into 6 (1-inch thick) burgers; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For Cabbage Slaw, combine red and green cabbage and carrots in large bowl. Whisk together lime juice, pineapple juice, honey, orange juice and mayonnaise; pour over cabbage and carrot mixture and toss to coat.
- For Mango Salsa, combine all ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium; oil grill grates. Grill 5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove and let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- For Jerk BBQ Sauce, combine BBQ sauce and jerk rub; mix well.
- Slice burger rolls in half with a bread knife if not already sliced. Brush cut surfaces with melted butter; place on grill to toast.
- To assemble burgers, place 1 teaspoon Mango Salsa and a heaping tablespoon Cabbage Slaw on bottom bun. Top with burger, Havarti cheese and 2 tablespoons Mango Salsa. Spread 1 teaspoon Jerk BBQ Sauce on toasted surface of top buns; place on top to close.