Big Poppa's St. Louis Style Spareribs
Created By: Pitmaster Sterling Big Poppa Ball
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Serves: 12 to 15
- 4 racks Smithfield® St. Louis Style Pork Spareribs, membrane removed
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Big Poppa Smokers Sweet Money Championship Rub
- 2 cups 100% apple juice in spray bottle
- 1 large bottle honey (squeeze bottle kind)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter, cut into tablespoons (20 total)
- 2 to 3 cups your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 to 4 cups Big Poppa Smokers Happy Ending Finishing Rub
- Heat grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 250ºF. Coat all sides of ribs thoroughly with Big Poppa Smokers Sweet Money Rub. Press rub into the meat. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, until meat "sweats" and gets shiny.
- Smoke ribs, meaty side up, for 2 hours, spritzing ribs with apple juice every 30 minutes.
- Place 4 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on counter (each about 4 inches longer than ribs). Squeeze honey, sprinkle brown sugar and place 5 pats of butter on each piece of foil. Place ribs on sheets, meaty side down; repeat with honey and brown sugar.
- Seal foil around ribs and return to smoker/grill. Cook for approximately 2 hours until ribs are tender. Ribs should have good "bend" in them, but should not be falling off the bone.
- Remove ribs from foil and baste all sides with BBQ sauce. Cut ribs, then sprinkle Happy Ending Finishing Rub onto ribs for added flavor.